Thursday, August 25, 2011
Hey everybody, it's been a while. And the drama continues!!! I now find myself with more time on my hands than I really care to have (financially) Eeeeek! Yes, I am currently jobless but extremely hopeful. Had a good week in the application and response department. So, things are looking up and life goes on; however, please keep a sistah in your prayers. Okay, enough of the drab crap; on to the goodies. I've been busy over the last 6-8 months colouring Maggies and a few Sara Kays. Some of them I have the color swatches made, some I do not because this revelation did not come to me until about 1-2 months ago; that I forgot to write them down, soooooooo sorry.
Cheyenne is a Kenny K digi. I made this card for a friend. I think I did really well with this one, hated to give it to him (dang-it!) but I did.
The last pic is the inside. Y'all know I love New Orleans; my friend is from New Orleans and so is his friend; how fitting was this design! I created the pocket with some scrap cs, the bling is from Michaels and ribbon is from JoAnn's. I coloured CC with my Copics.
Distress Tech with Copics
I have been trying different techniques. On the Tilda's and Edwin, I tried the distress look with the Copics, my thanks to Suz Dean for the tutorial. I feel like I'm moving through grades with the Copics and Maggies. I did a Graduation Edwin but I guess I didn't download him to the computer (he's trapped in my camera). I'll add him later.
Okay, if you are anything like me; when you get a new Maggie you gotta play. This was one of my first Maggies, got it from the GASC. And I was just really learning how to shade with the Copics. The shading isn't that great but it was great playing. It turned out good, so I decided to keep it. I made a card front and eventually I will make it into a full card.
She is a real doll can't wait to really do something else with her.
Tried to be a little creative with Tilda with a balloon. Decided I would do a double pocket. The tag can be placed in the solid green and purple as well as on the other side of the card shown below; it can be placed in the flower pocket. I used some of the Liquid Pearl for the flower centers. The paper I got at JoAnn's.
Nesti, SU scalloped border punch, and white Pen,
Doohickey Tag die
Seam binding ribbon JoAnn's and Happy Birthday stamp from Michaels
I forgot the base front (the stopper) on this card but I was so tired, I never got around to putting it on. I decided that the velvet ribbon would be enough to hold the card. Perhaps at a later date (this card is at least 4 months) I shall put something there. I exhaust myself so with the LO and colouring; I never get around to it. I rarely give them away and my scrapbook/stamping BFF Lesi will tell you, I surely do not sell them. I'm always trying to get people to learn how to create them on their own ( I don't have to charge them a rediculous price). So far no takers, they would rather buy them (go figure)!
New Maggies- lovin' num!!!!!!! The story behind this card is kind of funny. I was at Lesi's and saw this really pretty paper. She thought it was the ugly paper and had one of those what the hxxx was I thinking when I bought that paper moment. At the same time she was teaching me to use my MS scoreboard to make an envelope. I used the gardening paper to make a scrap envelope, with no intention on using it for anything but an example (incase I wanted to make matching envelopes for my cards). Well let me just say, it turned out so good and the paper was sooooo pretty, I couldn't just let it sit there. I decided after seeing the new Tildas (I think they are from the Rainbow Collection) that I just had to do a card to make that lovey envelope. Hope you enjoy!
I am so insane sometimes! I kept wondering why my water colouring didn't look anything near what I see y'all do! Well, in all my infinite wisdom-I realized the key to the whole thing is in the paper. The WATER COLOURED paper! Ooh lawdy, sometimes I scare myself. But after my epiphany, I finally did my first card and y'all it only took me 2 days!!!!! Had one little issue-where we live, the local big 3 do not carry a too many #1 water coloured or mixed media brushes. So I used #0 and #2 water coloured brushes. I am going to try the art store this weekend (for that #1 brush).
I still have a few more cards one of which I designed, but it's late and I have to get up earlier for my new job; which is looking for a job. I'll try to download the others tomorrow evening or sometime soon. Again I hope you all enjoy and give me some feedback if you like.
P.S. Stampin' Up! workshop Saturday 8/27/11 at my house. If you can't make it to the workshop and would like to place an order please, contact Barbara Cambron. You kind find her in the on-line demonstrator directory. If you want to order anything from the summer mini, those orders must be in by 8/31/11 11pm CST.