Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bee Happy Shadow Box

Happy Holiday folks,
    Sorry it's been a while.  I just can't get into my craft room like I would like to.  Well, it's the end of the year and I have a little time between getting the house in order for the holidays and planning ahead for the up coming year.  But I have done a few projects in my MIA time.  One of which is very near and dear to my heart.  I will wait until the beginning of the year to post that one.  Over the next couple of weeks I will share some of the things I've have been working on. 

    Today, I would like to share with you a project I did using a tutorial by Tammy Tutterow, called Bee Happy Die Cut Shadow Box.  You can check out her tutorial by clicking on the link Be Happy...
It's a pretty good tutorial; however, she does not give you specific dimensions but you should be able to figure them out (you have the dimensions of the stamp die cut).  I had a lot of the products she used and substituted what I did not have.  I changed up a couple of things to my liking and I'm pretty pleased.  It's a very little frame so there's not a lot of room for my millions of flowers.  I am also stuck and I do mean STUCK on Graphic 45's French Country paper line!  So, all the projects I've been doing lately and am currently working on are all about the FC

The products I used of this project: Tim Holtz Postage Stamp die, movers and shapers rectangles,  Stampin' UP! Crease Pad (for cutting out the frame), Tim Holtz small easel frame, JoAnn THIN chip board, patterned paper from Hobby Lobby (Harlequin Script 8 1/2 x 11), some metal embellishments from Michael's and Hobby Lobby, Sunflower patterned paper from Graphic 45 French Country, Honeycomb stamp by Pam Carriker (Punchinella Honeycomb C8503 $9.99), Crafty Secrets-Card Sentiments, Bee image from Stampin' UP! (Stamp set is called Nature Walk), water coloured paper for the body of the bee, Tim Holtz Distress markers to colour the bee, Acetate or clear CS from Michaels,  Ranger Distress Inks, and Staz-On.

Here are a couple of pictures of my finished project, I hope you'll give this a try.  My rating for this tutorial.  B = good.  Degree of Difficulty = Intermediate, you will need to know how to make certain adjustments.   Example: Tammy used a Xyron to put adhesive on her postage frames.  I found this to be a bit sticky, too much webbing you have to get rid of. 



side view to show the easel attached


Hugz, from Me


 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful and nicely done shadow box, Joyce! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...