Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Getting in The Spirit with Spellbinder Nested Stars

Howdy folks!
   Just dropping in to share a quick and cute little card I just made.  This is a plain and simple A2 card with a blank inside.   I used JoAnn's and Michaels cardstock, SU Poppy Parade Classic Ink Pad, SU retired stamp set  Perfectly Penned, Spellbinders Stars, Spellbinders Belly Band 2, a Gelly Roll White Gel pen for a little faux stitching.   I saw a similar card on the internet some years ago and kept thinking I wanted to make this card.  Well of course I didn't write down the artist name or the website.  I searched all over today, looking for that card but could not find it.  I could not find a tutorial on how to line up the stars (somebody needs to really get on that). I just kept thinking about it, cut several demos trying to get it right and finally it clicked!  Thank goodness, I was getting tired and this was supposed to be a 30 minutes to 1 hour card.   When I actually figured it out, the card took less than 30 minutes to cut and put together.   Now that I have the concept down, maybe I'll try it using some patterned paper.  This would be a great graduation card layout.  And...If you have the patience of Job, you can do these as invites to a 4th of July celebration.  Now, I'm thinking about all the other nesties dies I can use with this technique!    I hope you give it a try.   Here's my attempt.

 
Hugz from Moi!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...