Thursday, June 18, 2015

Box with Note Cards set

Hello my crafty friends!
     Today, I am sharing a  little box that I saw on Becca's site Amazing Paper Grace. Her box is just stunning!  I decided that I would do a demo box first (before I jack-up some good card stock).  So I kept my colours really simple and used as much scrap cardstock as I could.  I followed Becca's tutorial on YouTube, you can check it out here. This project also gave me an opportunity to play with my bow maker. The pale greenish-blue card stock is some faux suede paper I have had in my stash for years. The white cardstock is Recollections, the ink is SU Pool Party, the ribbon is from our local specialty craft store Big Mouth Scrappers (Forney, TX) hi ladies!!! The dies I used were Spellbinders Arched Elegance and Arched Elegance Pocket.  I used Scor-Tape for the box construction and my ATG to adhere the panels. The background stamp is my favorite SU stamp "En Francais".  I believe the background stamp is long since been retired but you might be able to find it out there on EBay, Craig's List...one of those type places.  You might even check with a local SU (Stampin' Up!) Demonstrator, they may be able to help you hunt one down (caution it may be a bit pricey).  The cards are really elegant.  The inside of the note card has a liner that is partially attached. You can catch a glimpse in one of the side view photos.  I really like how it turned out.  Now I can make it for-real-real (lol). It took me about 2 hours in total including watching the video and pre-cutting all the pieces.   If I had to say the ease of making this project would be a medium.  The most challenging part is the box lid.  Give it a try!

Until next time...
 
 
 
 
Hugz from Moi
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...