Friday, December 15, 2017

Waffle Flower Marbled Masculine Card


Hello Everyone,

I hope your day is going well.  Just under two weeks before the greatest day in the world…My Jesus’ Birthday!!!  Whoop-Whoop, go Jesus, go Jesus!!!  Given the focus of the season, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try a layering technique using Waffle Flower’s Marble Stamp Set to make a masculine set of cards.  I saw this on Channin’s You Tube channel, you can find it here.  As usual I started with 110# (white) card stock.  My card base started out at a A2 size but to make sure all the sides were nice and even, the finished cards ended up being 3 ½" x 4 7/8".  I used some Stampin’ UP! Cherry Cobbler card stock scraps and some (Michael’s) black cards stock scraps.  I used the Waffle Flower Marble stamp set to make the marble look on the cards.  To stamp the images I used Momento’s  Flannel Gray, London Fog, and Tuxedo Black.  I used Spellbinders Die-D Lites for all the greetings.  I cut each die out 4 times, one of which I foiled using my Heidi Swapp Minc Machine and the other 3 I stacked together to create the dimension and then glued the foiled piece on top.   I created small white envelopes for each card.   The insides are blank.   FYI: This is a really cool stamp; however, this is not the most user friendly stamp.  All the videos I watched about the stamp do their best to make it easy to use by giving as many tips and tricks as they can. There is also some instruction sheet I saw on the internet but the stamp set (at least mine) did not come with those instructions.  I had a great deal of problems lining up some of the images, especially D3…ugh!!!  I almost gave up on that piece but I kept practicing until I got one that I could tolerate.  So, I am saying this to say just be patient.  Luckily, I wasn’t in a hurry and could take my time.  All-in-all at the end I was pretty okay with how my cards turned out.   I would still encourage you to give it a try.



 
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...